Named partner, Jonathan Law has practiced alongside Ray Ortiz since 2009 and after years of practicing alongside each other they decided to join forces forming, Ortiz & Law, P.C.
For more than 20 years, Jonathan Law has handled a wide range of defense litigation, including auto and trucking accidents, catastrophic injuries, premises liability, product defects, construction defects, and insurance coverage and bad faith litigation. He brings a sophisticated and strategic approach to every case to help clients solve problems before and after they come to fruition.
Mr. Law graduated from Baylor Law School, Cum Laude, was on the Board of Barristers and a member of Baylor Law Review. Prior to attending law school Mr. Law received his Bachelors of Arts from the University of Georgia. Mr. Law is admitted to practice law in the State of Texas, the Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas, and the United States District Court.
Mr. Law is an active member of the Texas Bar Association Insurance Law Section, and speaker and presenter at the Ultimate Claims Handling Seminar for insurance adjusters in 2003, 2004 and 2006.
Mr. Law’s representative experience includes:
• Multiple take nothing judgments defending UM/UIM carrier in personal injury trials.
• Negotiated multiple nonsuits of clients without payments.
• Obtained dismissal of clients in personal suit after plaintiff failed to appear for deposition.
• Multiple take nothing judgments defending homeowner insurance carrier in insurance coverage and bad faith trials.
• Obtained summary judgment on behalf of major fast-food restaurant related to catastrophic injury to minor employee leading to reasonable settlement on behalf of franchisee.
• Negotiated minimal settlement of wrongful death premises case against local restaurant chain.
• Successfully represented self-insured retailer in first party case against the insurer of product manufacturer. Obtained summary judgment declaring retailer an additional insured under the policy.
• Successfully represented Oil and Gas Company related to blowout in which four parallel cases ensued requiring coordination of efforts between the client’s subrogation, coverage, personal, and defense counsel.
• Obtained abatement of catastrophic wrongful death case on behalf of food manufacturer pending district attorney’s investigation leading to reasonable settlement.
• Represented U.S. importer of cigarette lighters in catastrophic, products liability burn case involving Consumer Product Safety Commission child-resistant standards.